The Richmond Rockets Speed Skating club has prepared a Return to Sport Policy to minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Please read the plan. A summary of the guidelines is below. Failure to comply will result in the participant’s removal from activities.
- All skaters, coaches, associates, volunteers and guardians will each be required to conduct daily symptom screening using a wellness questionnaire or self-assessment on the RRSSC Health Declaration page before coming to each practice.
- No spitting policy will be enforced.
- All participants and support personnel must wear non-medical masks (also known as face coverings) at all times. Entry to the facility will be denied if no masks are worn. Non-medical masks are acceptable except for vented masks. Masks must be secure and not at risk of falling off during practice.
- Arrive 10-15 min prior to your session.
- Group 1: Arrive fully dressed preferably with skates on with own filled water bottle before leaving the car. Check in with group coordinator. Coordinator will lead you to the designated staging area. Parents are asked to leave and be accessible by phone. Per Richmond Oval Policies, Parents/Guardians are not permitted in the staging area and in the premises.
- Group 2: Arrive fully dressed, skaters are responsible to bring a plastic bin with a lid (~20L) to store their own equipment such as their own filled water bottle, cloth to wipe skate blades, an extra mask, skate guards and any other personal items to practice & labelled with their name.
- No water bottles on cart or skate guards on boards
- Avoid touching eyes nose mouth, cough into sleeve
- Sanitize hands before and after the practice.
- Maintain physical distance with exception of active skating activities
- Do not touch equipment other than your own – mats setup and take down by Oval and Coach only. Avoid touching boards, mats.
- Wipes will be made available for use in the event a skater crashes into the mats during the practice. Coaches will be responsible for wiping the mats if needed.
- Sanitize seating area before leaving. Sanitizing spray and towels will be provided.
- Leave through designated exit to parking lot.
- Check out with the coach afterwards and exit at the designated exit location.
Updates to the guidelines will be posted on our website and communicated to skaters as the situation changes via TeamSnap and e-mail. It is mandatory for skaters or parents to install the TeamSnap app on their devices.
While we do hope things will return to normal in the not too distant future, currently this will be the new normal until we are advised otherwise by public health authorities. Our Return to Sport Policy is based on current public health guidance. While we are all doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, as the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each participant must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. You must take into account your own circumstances and make the decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our Return to Sport Policy.